Dmitry Tchoumakov, General Director of the marketing research agency Vector Market Research, Automechanika in Shanghai
A delegation from Vector Market Research visited the industry’s largest exhibition Automechanika in Shanghai in December.
Main impressions from the exhibition:
- The scale is difficult to understand without visiting the event. To communicate with the right companies, you need to plan everything in advance and it is advisable to divide into groups in order to communicate with a large number of potential partners
- The Chinese are very open to new contacts and almost immediately invite you to visit their factories. And this is correct: at the exhibition everyone looks the same, but it is not always possible to make the right expectation based on stands and promotional materials
- The Chinese know how to work with low profitability and ensure high quality. At the same time, at the stage of selecting a supplier, it is important to find out whether the company’s products are sold on the local market. If yes, then the company has a good product and reputation. If the company works only for export, then there may be nuances.
- Chinese companies are focused on development in foreign markets, including Russia. At the same time, which is very important, even very large companies show flexibility and interest in cooperation
- The level of technological development is impressive. Production sites in China are very modern and less and less human labor is used there, which is being replaced by robots.